Should We Bring Our Children to Pray? Suggestions to Consider.....
by Heather Collins
Bringing children to pray at an abortion facility is a decision for each individual family. Praying at an abortion facility is a beautiful work of mercy that can be taught to a child, with the participation of the whole family. However, safety measures also need to be examined.
Suggestions to Consider:
- Together, you might want to make a simple (colorful) child-sized poster that is easy to hold.
- Keep them at a safe distance away from a busy street. Small folding chairs can be placed in a designated safety zone, and can relieve tired little feet.
- Explain that there may be people that are angry at us for praying, and that we need to forgive them because they may be hurting inside or they may not understand. Even so, always have a cell phone close at hand.
- Consider the length of time you will be praying at the abortion facility. An hour may be the goal, but it is just fine to work up to the hour with a little increase each time your family goes to pray.
- Water, small snacks, a toy or book for the hours' end, may also be helpful. It's a good idea to bring an extra jacket if it's chilly.
- Finally, always pray for the protection of your family before you go to an abortion facility.
If you feel called to pray at an abortion facility with your family, it can be a profound blessing to so many people. Parents considering an abortion are often touched at just the sight of a family with children that are outside praying. People in the surrounding neighborhood and the drivers that pass by will also be affected by your pro life witness. And we must remember that the people working inside the abortion facility are most in need of our prayers.